Thanks to Wendy at http://yellowmumblog.wordpress.com for her faith in my work.
Although I don’t really think of it as work. I get an idea in my head and somehow it makes its way onto the page. Sometimes I’m not even sure how it happens. The words come tumbling out and arrange and rearrange themselves into some semblance of order.
There have been so many words over the last two years I have finally pulled them all together into a book – “The Dance” – which tells of our journey through Frontotemporal Dementia. The book will hopefully be published in April – watch this space for more details!
Here are the rules for the Liebster Award :
1. Each nominee must link back the person who nominated them.
2. Answer the 10 questions which are given to you by the nominator.
3. Nominate 10 other bloggers for this award who have less than 200 followers.
4. Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
5. Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them.
So here are the questions I have to answer in response to my nomination for the Liebster Award:
1) If you had to go and live on a desert Island, what 3 things would you take with you?
If life-sustaining things like water and food are assumed then here are my three things……
i) My laptop! But then of course, to make it work – well, keep it charged anyway, so I would also need a generator. Does that count as number 2)? I’m taking a liberty and saying no!
Having a laptop would give me all the things I love – music, contact with my family, images and the ability to communicate.
ii) A comfy bed – can’t beat a good night’s sleep. Anything is possible with a few good zzzz’s under your belt!
iii) Bug spray – hate being bitten by those buggers.
2) What makes you weep with laughter?
Actually not too much anymore. I smile and giggle, but have not laughed till I cried really for quite a while. The last time I remember was before my husband died. A very childish incident at a Planetarium with my sister-in-law while discussing Uranus……you can use your imagination to figure out how immature we were being!
3) Would you describe yourself as introverted or extroverted?
Introverted. Which will surprise many people as I have a lot of bravado which may give the illusion of an extrovert. In fact, like an iceberg, there is much more that is not apparent above the surface. I think and believe things by which some of my friends and coworkers would be quite shocked I think.
4) Do you like mayonnaise? (I have to ask this, as I can’t stand the stuff)
Yes, but not thickly spread – just a thin layer on a sandwich, or as a flavored side element of something to dip in it.
5) If this was you last week on earth, how would you spend it?
With my wonderful family, at the beach.
6) Do you prefer the city or countryside?
The city for the vibe – people, noise, traffic, bars, the theater, music, good food. The country for peace and quiet, clear air, the smell of cut grass, relaxing in a garden listening to the birds and breezes in the trees. I want it all!
7) Do you have any phobias?
Hmmm no, not really phobias. There are things I choose not to experience, but would not completely freak out if I had to. Being in the pitch black dark is not my choice, nor would be eating anything disgusting like they do on “Fear Factor”.
8) What’s your favourite hobby?
Right now, Zumba! It’s my favorite form of exercise – it’s like a party. The music is intoxicating and it’s a great workout that doesn’t feel like one.
9) Can you roll your tongue? Yes.
10) What single quality do you most appreciate in people?
Sincerity. I don’t care if you don’t like me – just don’t pretend you do. Being polite and professional is one thing, but ingenuity stands out a mile to me.
So there you have it – the answers to the questions.
Here are the blogs I nominate:
There are supposed to be 10 but as one of the criteria is that the blog has to have fewer than 200 followers, it was difficult. some blogs don’t show how many followers they have. I actually don’t follow that many blogs.
To be honest, I find it hard to believe that some of the blogs I see have thousands of ‘Followers’. I find it fascinating (and sometimes a little dull) – the things people write about. Honestly, some of it is utter drivel. Maybe I’m just not seeing it, but writing about how depressed you are because your boyfriend packed you in is just not interesting to me. Perhaps its a generational thing, but it seems self-indulgent to expect sympathy from a group of complete strangers who don’t give a s**t about you or your life. To each his own I guess. Of course, I am not including any of my nominees in that statement, some of them are going through truly horrible times in their lives and I admire them immensely.
What do some of these people do all day? Don’t they have jobs? I am sometimes a little envious that I don’t get to sit home all day and just write. That would be heaven. Anyway, for now I will have to make do with writing in the evenings when I get home from work.
My nominations are meant sincerely and I genuinely feel something for each of the people whose work I read. They make me laugh, cry and think. They bring me memories – some good, some painful. But they make me feel something. And isn’t that why we all write? To demonstrate emotion?
So for my nominees – here are your ten questions:
1) Have you ever lived in another country? Where?
2) Do you meditate or do something else that is spiritual?
3) How do you like your eggs?
4) Which historical character (real or fictional) would you like to meet and why?
5) What would you say if you were the first person to greet visitor from another planet?
6) Favorite sport?
7) Do you use profanity? If not, why not?
8) How do you celebrate your birthday?
9) Why do you write?
10) How would you like to spend your days? (Choice not necessity)
Have fun. I am looking forward to reading your replies.